Wainwright L. Schroeder
current residence: Montoursville, PA (near Williamsport, PA)
Meet the Retiree!
I have finally retired
(effective 12/16/05) and am currently living part of my dreams
by working on websites for local merchants in Washington, NJ and Montoursville, PA and
surrounding areas. (In January 2007 we moved to our new house
in Montoursville, PA). In 2004 we traded in the old Dutchmen
Class C for a new Itasca Sunrise 32 ft Class A, which we took
across the entire USA in 2004.
Click here to see some websites that I have worked
Former resume info:
employment history reflects a strong telephony background,
current positon in software support (plus extensive use of
Internet) places my desire to work in the area of web-page
development/maintenance for individuals and/or small businesses.
I want to be able to work independent of confined corporate
environments, preferrably while touring the USA in my RV,
visiting places I haven't seen (obviously this is a retirement
dream of mine). If you are looking for a person with these
qualities, please let
me know if you think I might be able to meet your needs.
December 2005 - Present: Retired (again)
- After officially retiring in December 2003,
I was asked to return to my former position of
CSCC Consultant in March 2004. Finally deciding
that retirement is supposed to be retirement, I
left Telcordia on 12/16/05. Hoping for some fairly
simple free-lance web-work over the next six months (or more),
I look forward to getting my home ready for sale
when when finally leave NJ for a land of less taxes,
lower insurance rates, and a lower cost-of-living.
And, yes - the Sunrise will be taking us across
the USA much more frequently now that we have the
time to travel.
January 1994 - 12/16/05: Telcordia
Technologies (formerly Bellcore), Piscataway,
- February 1998 - December 2005 : Customer
Service Center Consultant - assumed former duties
held in Customer Service Center (1/94 - 9/97).
Promoted to Lead Technical Consultant to coordinate
start of Transport Element Activation Manager
Customer Solutions Care Center (CSCC). On the
job experience in Oracle SQL and UNIX, and their
support at client sites (as used by OPS/INE and
Transport). New application exposure to OnTrac,
Extenzor/Element Communicator, and Exceed. Developed
and maintain internal (to Telcordia) technical
assistance website using Dreamweaver HTML editor,
as well as PhotoShop, Adobe Acrobat/Distiller,
and many other applications used to support websites.
- September 1997 - January 1998: System Engineer - authored OPS/INE requirements (design) document for Alcatel 1633SX release 11 as well as providing input for several other requirements documents.
- January 1994 - August 1997: Customer Service Center Consultant - assumed technical responsibilities of OPS/INE Customer Service Center as a rotational employee from Bell Atlantic. Interface with Regional Bell Operating Company (RBOCs) OPS/INE subject matter experts on daily basis to investigate and resolve OPS/INE-related issues via use of TSO, VOS, Sybase SQL, and PC-based applications (such as Excel, WORD, Framemaker, Procomm, PowerPoint, and FileMaker Pro).
January 1988 - December 1993: Bell Atlantic Corporation, Newark, Delaware
- First/second tier technical support, system administration, and Bellcore interface for Bell Atlantic OPS/INE. Deployed OPS/INE in remainder of Bell Atlantic. Continued client training, coordination of deployment, and support of OPS/INE. Coordinated and implemented conversion to fault-tolerant OPS/INE
February 1983 - January 1988: Bell of Pennsylvania Telephone Company, Philadelphia, PA
- 1st tier technical support for central office forces requiring assistance with any TIRKS related problems. Implemented mainframe OPS/INE in Pennsylvania. Performed training of forces, coordinated network element connection to OPS/INE, and provided technical support for OPS/INE Staff support for Bell of Pennsylvania and Diamond State Telephone.
January 1974 - January 1983: Diamond State Telephone Company, Wilmington, DE
- Supervised 15 non-management personnel in TRCC, power room, and TCXR departments on 7x24 basis. Developed and implemented Diamond State TRCC. Coordinated and managed trunking portion of Wilmington 4A cutover
August 1971 - December 1973: Bell of Pennsylvania Telephone Company, Fort Washington, PA
- Assisted in Fort Washington 4A cutover as Circuit Order coordinator. Credited for establishment of Eastern Region TRCC. Promoted to Chief Switchman of TCXR group one month prior to being transferred to Diamond State Telephone.
March 1970 - August 1971: AT&T, Wayne, PA
- 17C testboard circuit order installation. Wayne 4A 6th Add Circuit Order Coordinator.
Summer hire positions (at same location) in between college semesters:
1967 - Frame Attendant, teletype converter maintenance
1966 - buildings maintenanceman
U. S. NAVY Military Experience
- 7/68 - 2/70 Active Duty at Lakehurst NAS, Lakehurst, NJ
- 6/63 - 7/68 US NAVY Reserve, Willow Grove, PA, and Manchester, NH
- 1965 - 1968: Attended New England College (major - Business Administration). No degree.
- 1965: Graduated from Great Valley Sr. High School, Malvern, PA
- WebMaster for Jewish Center of Northwest Jersey (Washington, NJ).
Developed, published, and maintain web
site for JCNWJ.
- WebMaster for Rocky Springs Wildlife Rehabilitation Center (Broadway,
NJ). Developed, published, and maintain web
site for RSWRC.
- WebMaster for Great Valley Senior High School 1965 Class Reunion
Developed, published, and maintain web
site for the class reunion.
- WebMaster for The Walama
Restoration Project (WRP is a non-profit organization
dedicated to the enhancement, rehabilitation, and restoration of the
waterways, forests, and grasslands within or adjacent to the Willamette
Valley, Oregon). Maintain web
site for the WRP.
- Updated pricelists for CaribbeanDays.com
(a Caribbean Island vacation coordinator).
Visit their site at www.caribbeandays.com.
- WebMaster for Tourette Syndrome Association
of New Jersey, Inc. Developed, published,
and maintain web
site for TSANJ, which comprises of
organization statement, TSANJ board members,
Support Group page, with links to many
other TS-related sites, a Guest Book, and
a Discussion Forum. Site has been recently
redesigned by others and on-going maintenance is no
longer part of my venue.
- Camping in our 1995 Dutchmen RV. States camped in during Summer/Fall
of 1998: Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Ohio,
and New Jersey. 1999 trips included Maine, Maryland, Virginia, South
Carolina, and Pennsylvania. 2000 Tour 'd West included The Badlands,
Yellowstone, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Myrtle Beach, and many points
of interest in between.
to GVHS65 Home Page
I would like to know why you came to this page. Click here to take a brief survey.